Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Halloween Adventure

Nick loved loved loved Halloween. He had two costumes, a pirate and skeleton. He wore the pirate costume to the Corvallis Country Club and his skeleton costume to all the other Halloween activities we went to. First we went downtown trick-or-treating Friday October 29th. All the way to downtown Nick rehearsed what we were planning on doing. "I have a costume on, say trick-or-treat, open my bag, say thank you....I'm all ready to go! " Nick caught on really fast to the treating. He ate his candy in between each stop, which means he doesn't understand the concept of hoarding yet. He wanted me to get candy too, but I told him I couldn't because I didn't have a costume so he said, " I want to take you to TJ Maxx to get you a costume so you can get candy too."

On Halloween Day we went to the Harvest Carnival at the fairgrounds in Corvallis. It was really packed with people and Nick wanted nothing to do with it. We talked him into some cotton candy and then he was ready to go trick-or-treating for real. I had told Nick that he would have fun there. "Trust me on this one", is what I told him. Well, he said to me after we left, "I trusted you on this one and I'm angry. That carnival was not fun."

We went to our old neighborhood and he had a blast! He loved going door to door and chatting with all the people. He told a cute college girl that she had pretty hair. Let's just say he ended up with a lot of extra candy because of his charm. At one house the woman at the door tried to give him one piece of candy (he was getting handfuls at other houses because of flirting), but this lady was sticking to ONE piece. So he turned and pointed to all of us and said "Look, I have lots of people. There's mommy and daddy, Grandma and Grandpa, Misty and Gary and Emily. Those are all my people in the street."


Notice that Nick has a piece of candy in his mouth from the previous stop downtown. He didn't want me to hold it for him so he could select candy from the place we were at so he just held it in his teeth to keep his hands free.

No comments: