Monday, August 9, 2010

Benton County Fair August 6th

Grandma and Grandpa Edwards, Mike, Nick and I all went to the Benton County Fair Friday evening. The Sand family went too! This is the first fair Mike and I have been to since before we were married almost 14 years ago. It was so fun to take Nick there and see it all through his eyes. One thing that really baffled him was my wanting to eat an Elephant Ear. He looked at me like "are you insane?" Then we told him it was fried dough with cinnamon and sugar and he finally took a taste.

Hat in place, let's get ready to ride baby!!!


The Wacky Worm roller coaster, he liked it, but didn't appreciate my screaming and laughing. Yes, I scream and laugh on kids roller coaster rides, that's how wild I am...

House of mirrors with Grandma. He walked through very carefully with his arms out in front of him. Always the cautious child.

Giant slide with daddy.


The carousel - we did this one twice. Thankfully Mike went the first time, I would have thrown up if I had gone twice. Round and round and round we go....



Grandma and Grandpa got ice cream cones and took about 2 bites. Nick and Jefferson ate the rest..... Nick got into it so much that he even dipped his hat into the ice cream. Save some for later!




Riding with Grandpa on the airplane ride. They laughed and waved every time they flew by. I think this was Nicks favorite ride.



Pony ride on "Pepper". Our miniature cowboy on a miniature horse.







Fishing game - everyone wins a prize!

A blown up bat to torture any passerby with!



On our way home. Aaaaah.
We had a blast and will definitely go back next year for more!
Nick funny of the evening:
Tonight while getting ready for bath time with daddy. Mike asked "Nick, do you have poopies in your diaper?"
Nick replied "No daddy, I don't. Trust me on this one."

No comments: