Day 1: Oak Harbor
I didn't want any time in the car since we had spent 8 or more hours driving the day before. So we went to a really nice park and playground on the waterfront and played for several hours. We also played on the beach and were able to see the mussels and clams since the water was so far out. It was fun to see the Seagulls getting clams and dropping them onto the sidewalk to shatter the shell, then they would pick the meat out of the clam. So everywhere we walked there were broken clam shells.
Day 2: Lavender Wind Farm, Bells Farm and Coupeville.
I forgot my camera, but we went to Lavender Wind Farm and then to Bells Farm where we went strawberry picking. Then we headed to Coupeville and had lunch. We walked in the restaurant which I thought was the same one we went to two years ago. Walked in and it was not the same place. I asked if we could have a seat by the window, but was told they were reserved. There was only one occupied table at the time, but within a half and hour the place was packed. They sat us as far away from the window as possible and then told me they didn't have a printed out children's menu, but they do have children's items available. At this point I'm thinking we are definitely in a non-kid friendly place and wondering if we should leave. But Nick had wonderful noodles and I had the best salad I've ever eaten. Nick was also on his bestest restaurant behavior so I was relieved! We did go back for dinner on my birthday, but I called and made reservations and requested a window seat. They didn't know we had a child over the phone so we actually got a window seat! So we were able to look at all the boats while we ate dinner.
This is also the day I took Nick to the toy store and he didn't care about any of the toys, he saw the display full of chocolates and that's all he cared about.
Day 3: Greenbank farm, Lavender Wind Farm (the second visit) and Coupeville. This was my birthday so we did what I wanted ...hee hee.
Greenbank Farm. The Loganberry Festival was going to start the day we left town. They have a neat cafe, wine tasting room, cheese shop, art store, ducks and beautiful gardens.



Lavender Wind Farm. Purple everywhere and it was fun to watch the bumble bees. We brought home a plant and it's now a member of our backyard.
Coupeville: Knead and Feed Cafe. Nick took me to lunch where we had sandwiches made on thick homemade bread. Yum. And then a giant cinnamon roll. Again, yum.
Day 4: Oak Harbor
Island Bliss Alpacas
This was the highlight of our trip in my opinion. The Alpacas were so sweet and had the softest fur. They were so fun and enjoyable to be around. The wonderful woman who has the Alpacas said you can't have a bad day while surrounded by such serene creatures. She was right. Nick got to pet and feed them and we spent an hour there before I had to pry Nick away for lunchtime. They all had such wonderful names, from simple "Bo" or "Toby" to "Fuego" (Spanish for fire, his name was longer but Fuego is the only part I remember).
The Llama "Toby" .

Day 5: Coupeville.
We had dessert, then lunch, and then ice cream. I know how to show a kid a good time :)
This was my favorite boat. Not Mikes boat he sails on, but I like the sail. Enough said.
This was also the day that Nick stood in the middle of the outdoor restaurant and announced loud enough for everyone to turn around " I have poopies in my diaper and I'm stinkin up the place!"
We went to Applebees for dinner on our last night on Whidbey Island and Nick told the host at the restaurant "When I'm done eating, I'm probably going to want a balloon". He said it very serious and matter-of-fact. The host was cracking up and said "Thanks for the heads up".

Early July - Nick and his big boy bed! He does so well, and it's nice to be able to snuggle him during story time. His bed is soooooo cozy!
June 24th Nick had his "Graduation" at little gym. He's still a Super Beast, but will be a Funny Bug in September where it's no longer a parent/child class, but the kids just participate with eachother and the teacher. I'm sad, I like to play too....
Stamp time. Tummy - check, feet - check, hands - check.....time to go. Nick getting his ribbon for growing and learning at the Little Gym.
Getting ready to do a handstand - and first to volunteer!
Flipping over the bars.
Playing on the uneven bars with Teacher Bree.
Ready, set, jump!
Parachute time. Doing the wheelbarrow!!
May trip to Newport. We did everything that day. Grand opening of Swampland at the aquarium. I forgot to take my camera inside...oops. But Nick pet 3 different snakes. The Albino python thought Nick looked like a tasty snack and actually made the handler nervous. But Nick had no fear and "snugged" them all, including an Alligator. Then we went to the beach since it was a nice day. Then we bought the trio tourist package where you go to the Wax Museum, Ripleys believe it or not and the Undersea Gardens. Nick didn't care for the Museums because they were a little dark and scary. Then we finished off the day with a spaghetti feed and silent auction for Relay for Life. I won a cake dish, along with a delicious cake!
Nick wanted his boots off so he could go into the water with Grandma and Grandpa. The cold Oregon coast water touched his little feet and he swiftly turned to Grandma and said "pick me up!"
Nick and I on Mothers Day playing with the Camellia blooms.
Nicks favorite thing to do right now is playing with plugs. He doesn't mess with the outlets, and they all have safety covers, but we gave him and extension cord and he plugs everything in there. He'll have a tangle of 5 different appliances dragging behind him as he moves from room to room. Hair dryer, humidifier, tooth brush charger, etc....
We also have gone blueberry picking twice in the last couple weeks. That was fun! The first time it was Nick, Emily and I and Nick ate the entire hour Emily and I picked. We picked 4 1/2 pounds, came home and baked pie and cobbler. We did it again yesterday, but brought along Grandma, Misty, Emily and Staci. Then baked 2 pies and 2 cobblers. We had 6 1/2 pounds and used almost all of it.
I'm sure everyone else has been just as busy, if not busier, than we've been this summer. It's been a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment