Monday, August 16, 2010

Look who's Three!!!!

We can't believe Nick is already 3 years old. Time has really flown by. We celebrated his birthday with his two buddies Axel and Jefferson. Axel is approximately 5 hours older than Nick and they were delivered by the same Doctor. Jefferson is less than 48 hours younger than Nick. So we had three boys turning three. We had a blast, the boys had a party together at Axel's house. There was plenty of outdoor space to enjoy on such a hot day! They had bubbles, water guns, a slip-n-slide, horseshoes, trampoline, basketball and football!! Oh my, were we tired that night! And I think we are still recovering. In fact, I'm too exhausted to think clearly enough to get the photos downloaded in order, so things are a little backwards in this post.


Cake and ice cream, the best food in the world!









This cake was the best cake I've eaten in a long time. Now I wish I had taken home that extra piece Anna offered me :).


Nice throw Axel!

Candy necklaces. I think Nick licked the whole thing and then handed it back to me. Gooey.


Mr. Hairy back.


Us girls being cheesy!
Emily - future pastry chef! She loves to cook and is really good at it!


Gowthami trying out the bubbles.
TJ showing off on the slip-n-slide.


Freeze! Put your hands up!


Jefferson and his new OSU jersey.

Axel and his new cowboy had a super cool toy gun.

The next day Mike, Nick, my parents and I took Great Grandma and Aunt Inez to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. It was so busy there that day, but we still had fun!
Getting Great Grandma with a toy snake! Silly snake, Nick makes buzzing sounds like a bee instead of a hiss like a snake. It must be one of those rare buzzing snakes.







Trying to keep Nick from falling into the tide pool while he touches the anemones, sea cucumbers and starfish.

Wow, what a weekend! It was fun as always to have all of our friends and family together for a gathering. Nick loved seeing Great Grandma and meeting Aunt Inez. He keeps asking where they are now. As for Nicks favorite toy, Mike and I got him a power strip for all of his plugs. It was a hit. Since he is occupied with that, Mike and I will be playing with all the new toys. Thanks!


No comments: