Nick and Great Grandma. As you can see, there was a lot of love there! Nick thought Great Grandma and her house were a lot of fun!
Nick playing football with Great Uncle Darwin. Uncle Darwin was a total Nick magnet!
Nick and I with Uncle Darwin and Aunt Letha or as Nick says "Wefa"
Then it was off to Sacramento to visit Mikes sister and her hubby Steve. They have a salt water pool and we have now become pool snobs! We had to swim in a chlorinated pool in Yreka and we thought it was icky and smelly compared to the luxury of the salt water pool.
We spent lots of time hanging at their beautiful home. The guys worked on a boat for a while. Margaret and I had spa day - thanks Margaret - my facial was superb! And we had lots of BBQ's, lots of good drinks (Margaret missed her calling, she's a fantastic bartender)and Nick put his hand prints on everything shiny in their home - Sorry about that!
Aunt Margaret showing Nick how to dive. Well done!
Steve brought us Lei's from Hawaii, so nice!
Giving Sami some loves...awwwwww....
A little football, literally.
Mike, Nick and I spent a day in Vallejo at Marine World/Six Flags with my friend from Junior High and her 3 year old. Susan and Alexander. The boys had a blast! We saw the Sea Lion show, the Dolphin Show and the Tiger show. Then we spent time in Looney Toon Town and Thomas the Train village. Nick is a lover of rides! Alexander is too, so the the boys went on all the rides they were tall enough to go on. These rides were totally my speed! Alexander is such a cutie! We enjoyed getting to meet him. Next time we will have to meet Susan's hubby and their baby girl Caroline who was not old enough to come with Susan and Alexander.
So, as a reminder from Easter when Nick stalked the Easter Bunny, we had a very similar experience at Marine World - Bugs Bunny!!!!!!! Nick kept saying "Bunny again". We think it is an obsession...
What happens when you spend 8 hours at Marine World without a nap....
On our way back North, we stopped in Yreka to visit my great friend Stephanie, her hubby Jake and their kids Baron and Cayden. Cayden is quite the little host! Their boys are wonderful and it was such a nice visit. Nick was so tired that day and real hand full. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the sleep deprivation the previous day at Marine World or the 5 hours in the car that day.
And finally here we are in Ashland. The #1 place in the U.S. that I would love to live if I could choose anywhere I wanted. I can't help it, I was giddy at Marine World and wanted to go to work there and I was giddy in Ashland and wanted to play there.
Here's Nick and I eating at my favorite restaurant the Greenleaf Cafe.
Nick climbing trees...truly amazing! Ha Ha

Nick is learning how to pump the swings now. He says "forward and back" and makes his legs go strait and back at the right time. Pretty cool!
Well, that was the end of our journey. A lot of time on the road, but a lot of time with friends and family - priceless!
No comments:
Post a Comment