Monday, August 17, 2009

What being two is all about....

Nick goes to Little Gym still once a week. I think it is his favorite activity. It's a 45 minute class that goes by super fast!

Bubbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaching for the bar. His favorite activities are the bars and the balance beam. When opening one of his birthday gifts the box looked like a balance beam. He tore off the wrapping and exclaimed "balance beam!" and immediately got on and started walking across the box.


Getting ready to do a backwards roll....
Hula Hoop!
So Nick and I practiced blowing out candles all week and he decided that it's pretty fun. He also liked his birthday cupcakes and ate all his icing, but only one bite of cake....
Sugar rush!!!!!!

Inspecting the cool presents.....it says "Tonka" we're cool...

Snoopy Golf clubs! Yipee!



What look I get when I tell Nick to smile for the camera and THEN I will play outside with him.
New helmet for the new tricycle, or just a new fashion accessory.



Terrific, tender, tumbler, tease, talker, toy time, and time outs - what being two is all about.

So we took Nick to Build-a-bear on August 12th. It was a blast! He picked up one bear, then we'd show him another animal. He'd trade us the first one for the second and on down the line until we finally settled on a doggie. Then Nick took off running out of the store and into the mall with an unstuffed animal.....

Then we got to pick out a sound button for the dog, I wanted to make him meow, but resisted the urge. We picked out the barking of course. Next we stepped on the peddle to make the stuffing go in the dog until he was soft and squishy. The best part came next when Nick got to pick out a heart, rub it on his nose, give it kisses and hold it on his own heart before placing it in his doggie. It was so cute how he cooperated and really listed to the girl giving him instructions, I couldn't believe that he did it all!

Finally the dog got a bath, some pajamas, slippers and his own little doggie to match. It turned out really cute and we had a ton of fun. Nick is still talking about it.

So I am now unable to move photos on the blog, sorry they are in a strange order. Our friends have been having the same problem on their blog for a while now and she hasn't been able to fix it. Hmmmm.....perhaps little Dilbert is needed.

No comments: