Saturday, March 26, 2011

February Fun

Yep, the superhero suit is still a favorite....
Mid February we went to Klamath Falls for a quick weekend visit and to play in the snow. Nick loves the snow and loves a good snowball fight. He's a lousy shot, but can take a hit pretty well.



Newest Edwards family member, Camden born December 20th. And proud Grandma Jan.
Goofing around with Great Grandma!
February 24th Corvallis received snow of its own! We had a snow day on a thursday which was very welcome! February 23rd, Staci, Emily, Jefferson and Nick were all mine for two days. Jefferson's little sister had a medical emergency and Jeff got to sleep over for two nights. (Cora is healthy now) The boys had tons of fun and Emily and Staci kept them entertained on the no school day. We had snow ball fights, played play-doh, decorated cookies, played with crafts and ran around a lot.





Jefferson ever so carefully and painstakingly sprinkled a tiny bit of every type of sprinkle I offered. He really took his time and make the perfect cookie, then he took only one bite....

February Funnies:

Nick told me that he works. When I asked him where he worked, he replied "HP". When I asked how many days he worked, he told me "8 days a week". I asked him what he does at HP, he said "I fix tools".

Nick didn't want to nap at Grandmas and Grandma told him that if he didn't nap that she couldn't take her nap either. So Nick cooperated and went to sleep. From what we can gather we think the following events occurred while Nick was still groggy. Nick may have pooped in his sleep and then woke up a little and tried to deal with it himself because he didn't want to wake grandma. He took off his jammies and got poop on his hands, so he tried to wipe it off on the blanket, then he went in the closet and tried wiping it off on the wall. He got the poop on the toilet somehow and tried to wipe it off, on the wall. Then he finally went upstairs and realized Grandma wasn't sleeping, but was in the loft. By this time some of it was dried on him. Nick is very picky about smells and cleanliness, so we know he didn't to this on purpose. Grandma had to put him in the shower and then clean the mess. Poor Grammy!

Nick found a dead lady bug and this is our conversation:
Nick "Know where I'm going to put her?"
Me "Where?"
Nick "In your purse"
Me "No, lets put her outside."
Nick then hugs and kisses her before placing her in a plant.
Nick "I kissed and hugged her"
Me "I know, that was really sweet"
Nick "I love her and her name is Toddy"
Nick again "Why did she die?"
Me "She came in the house to get warm, but we didn't have the right food for her"
Nick " I know what we'll feed her, Mashka food"
Me "That's sweet, but I don't think she'll eat it"
Nick "If I love her enough she'll come back to life"
Me "That's really sweet the way you think"
Nick "Know what I'll do when she comes back to life?"
Me "What?"
Nick "I will set her on fire, put her in soup and eat her."

No comments: