We recently spent 2 days at Disneyland. March 11th and 18th. Mike went to L.A. for business and Nick and I went along to play! We had so much fun and cannot wait to go again soon!
I had to start with the end of Day 1. We got Nick into the car and he sleepily said, "I had fun at Disneyland."

Our friend, Todd, lives in Long Beach. He spent both days at Disneyland with us acting as our tour guide, camera man and way cool friend!

Getting ready to watch Captain EO. Nick loved the 3D show and reached out a couple times at whatever seemed to be flying our way. There was an icky character in the show and Nick said "that lady with all the tangly things is bad." But he really seemed to have fun with it!


We did the Character Breakfast at the Plaza Inn. So fun!


Right now, if someone asks Nick what his name is, his reply is " My pretend name is Dash, but my real name is Nick." Nick, I mean Dash, got to spend some time with Mr. Incredible! Yes, he has worn his super suit every day since he got it from Santa. EVERY day....It currently has two holes in it, many runs, unravels and is about 3 inches too short in the legs and sleeves.....


Ear muffs...

We have been reading "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" from Fantasia for a while before heading to Disneyland. Nick loved seeing the brooms from the book!

An attempt at a family photo in Mickey's house. I like this photo because Nick and I both appear to have broken wrists..

Toon Town, calling Mickey Mouse.


Cotton Candy time....mmmmm....pure sugary sweetness!

This was my first time to Disneyland too! Mike has been before as a child and "adult". Ha ha. It was so fun for both of us to see everything through Nick's eyes. Many times I almost cried because he was having so much fun and his face was so bright with happiness!


Tigger and Pooh! Nick had so much fun. They were so playful with Nick, he had a cookie he was not going to give up!




The jungle cruise ride. This was the first ride we went on in Disneyland. Nick really enjoyed all the rides. His favorite ride was the ladybug ride at the "A Bug's Life" section of Disneyland. It's similar to the teacups ride, which we also went on.

Nick is such a ride person. He patiently (for a 3 1/2 year old) waited in all the lines with us and was eager for each and every ride.
Rides/shows Day 1: Nemo Submarine (Nick really liked this), chat with crush, Winnie the Pooh's ride, Ladybugs, Jungle cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean (he didn't like the loudness, but did great anyway) and the muppets 3D show.
Rides/shows Day 2: Mr. Toads adventure, Pinocchio ride, Carousel, Alice in Wonderland, Matterhorn, Storybook Land, It's a small world, Teacups, Captain EO, Francis Ladybug ride, Heimlich's chew chew train, Tuck and roll bumper cars.
Yep, Nick met the height requirement for the Matterhorn so we went for it. This was right after Nick and I went on the teacups and he made me spin us around as fast as I could and he laughed the entire time. So we thought, let's try something bigger. Nick did great, he plugged his ears due to the expectation of the ride being loud, I held onto him tight...and I screamed and laughed the whole ride. Nick kept saying to me the duration of the ride, "It's okay mommy! I love you!" It was great! He was reassuring me!
On It's a small World, Nick loved the singing. He sang the entire ride, but not the "It's a small world" song, he sang Taylor Swifts "Love story" song. It's his current favorite and he knows all the words.
The end of both days we stayed for the fireworks. The second day Nick sat on Mike shoulders and waved his hands around like Mickey in Fantasia when Mickey is dreaming about being a sorcerer. Nick was pretending he was setting off the fireworks, he's wiggle his fingers way out in front of him or pretend he'd have a wand and was pointing it at the sky. I think Nick definitely felt the magic of Disneyland, and so did we.
1 comment:
Thank you for letting me tag along both days at Disneyland; it was definitely a lot of fun!! It was good to be able to hang out like old times. Glad you all had so much fun. :)
Post a Comment