Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mr. Clean

Thought I'd send out a couple new photos of Nick Knack. He's growing and changing so much every day. His words are getting clearer and he's definitely letting us know what he does and does not want which is actually very nice. His favorite word right now is "no", but it's not a defiant no. We'll ask what he wants for breakfast and he usually says "cereal" or "saus" for sausage. But if we ask him "do you want cereal?" he says "no" but really does want it.
Yesterday he really had me laughing until I was crying. He started walking on one toe, but the other foot was flat. So he was stepping high then low. And he knew he was being funny so he kept walking like that back and forth in front of me. Then he did it again at my parents house tonight and had us all laughing. He's decided he likes being the center of attention.
Anyway, here are some new pictures and a video.

The double fisted drinker. Milk in one hand, juice in the other. Mommy had a Mai Tai in one hand and Margarita in the other. Mike has a suction cup dart gun that Nick loves. He says "darts" and we shoot the darts to stick to a window, he steals the darts and runs! On this day Mike stuck the darts on Nicks forehead (I promise he didn't shoot Nick in the forehead with the dart gun). Nick was really into fish lips on this day. That's also how he kisses. He was playing the other day and stopped what he was doing, climbed over his stack of books all the while doing fish lips and coming toward me to give me a kiss! See mom, I can hook a big daddy fish! My Uncle Michael and Aunt Nita gave Nick this bubble machine for his birthday. He loves this toy! Mike recently repaired it, as we have worn it out several times. Since it's too cold to play outside, the bubble machine is now a bath toy. Boxes are fun!

This morning I was making cookies and I asked Mike to vacuum. Well, Nick loves to vacuum and he knows where it is. So he went to the closet while making vacuum noises. We keep his little popper in the vacuum closet along with the swiffer. While Mike was vacuuming, so was Nick with his popper. I didn't get the camera out quick enough to get Nick making his vacuum noises, but you can see in the video how he is copying dad.


No comments: