Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Adventures of Nick Knack

Hello! July was a very full month! July 19th - 26th we went to Whidbey Island for a Regatta that Mike was in. He races every thursday for a couple months each year with a great crew that invited him in their group about 2 years ago. They came in 3rd for their fleet during this race! We had a wonderful view one of the racing days from the house we rented. My parents joined Mike, Nick and I on the trip which was wonderful! Although we ate our way through the week. There were some great bakery's, ice cream shops and candy stores on the island to keep us satisfied.




Nick had a great time on the trip too! And yes, he had ice cream. I think his preference was Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. By the way - our friends Dennis and Elizabeth are the ones who came up with the great nickname "Nick Knack" after our last blog entry. I'm lovin' it!



Two days before we went to Whidbey we had baby birds that were being booted from the nest. The first one unfortunetely didn't make it, but this second one that Mashka kept a close eye on did!


July 12th our Niece Samantha married Devin Montgomery. They had a beautiful wedding and a very nice reception. We are so happy for them! When I met Mike, Samantha was 6 years old and now she's married and soon finishing college! Does that make me old??? Maybe it's the gray hairs making me old....


The kiddos - Matt, Samantha and Angie. What an attractive group!






Grandpa Gene and the Nickster waiting for the wedding to begin. Nick was shy and quiet right up until the ceremony started - then it was "Daddaddadda!!!!!" very loudly! I had to leave the ceremony because I was on the verge of cracking up at Nick and he was just getting louder.



Nick and Aunt Margaret. Do the blue eyes indicate a Monroe family resemblance?







We had a great time at the wedding - it was like a Monroe family reunion! We need to do that more often! It was great seeing Shelli's family again too, her mom makes a terrific wedding cake!





Too cute!



Fun time with the mirror.





Nick and his daily affirmation "I'm handsome, I'm funny, I'm smart and people like me!"



Yes, I can chase the cat while wearing my pj's and sleepsack! I am that good.




Rub a dub dub, Nick in a tub!






Wanna Play?




Mike entered the bug in the Philomath Car Show in early July. It was a lot of fun and a good opportunity to get a photo of Nick in the Car. A preview into driving years. Looks like it will be just a tad bit longer until he can reach the pedals....or see out the window.



Well, that wraps up our July pretty much! Sorry for the brief commentaries, but the photos are the best part anyway! Nick will be 1 next week. We cannot believe a year has already flown by. It can't be possible, did I sleep through part of it? I feel like I'm missing some time, maybe I was abducted by aliens for a while and that accounts for the time loss.
Will post photos of Nicks first birthday. He still doesn't feed himself, so at this point my prediction is that he won't eat the cake by himself, but he will play with it. My other prediction, he won't be into opening gifts, but will want to run around instead. That's an easy one since all he does is run around, he doesn't sit much except to flip through a book. Which reminds me, my parents told me a cute Nick story - they were at the Eye Doctor last week and Nick went up to a man at the counter who was about my parents age and hung onto his pants. The man finally went and sat down and Nick took over a book for the man to read him. So the guy sat Nick on his lap and read to him. When mom got Nick back she realized he had pooped. That guy got to know Nick a little more than he probably wanted!

No comments: