I thought we should setup a page to share with friends and family. Some friends of ours are also expecting about 2 weeks ahead of us, and they created a page. Seemed like a really cool idea, so I figured, "What the heck", I should give this a try. Here is our first picture of the little one. The head is towards the left. We could see the heart beating at this point, and I was FLOORED! It was so amazing seeing it for the first time!
So Far Staci has been doing really great. She has had no morning sickness, or any other major discomforts. I'm so proud of her display of will power. She has not been eating any junk foods, and has been exercising with her mother three times a week. Me on the other hand, I think I'm picking up the junk food slack, as I have gained more weight so far, than Staci has since Christmas! (Of course, I am now drinking for two...)
Staci is currently going on her 19th week, but I think she is closer to 20 or 21st. That's why I have a bet going with Kirby on who will be a father first. Megan (Kirby's expecting wife), rolls her eyes with a smile, as her husband signs up for another bet. The odds are stacked against me, but I am going on a hunch. :^) (Anyone know what's the drug used for inducing labor?)
Staci tells me that she is feeling the baby move, more and more. When we woke up this morning, Staci had me put a hand on her growing tummy. After about 30 seconds, I felt a little "Thump". It could have been a gas bubble for all I know, but Staci assured me that is was the baby. I'm looking forward to seeing hands and feet sweeping across her belly, as if there is some alien growing in there.
We are very excited about our upcoming ultra sound. It's the "big" one where you can see everything. We are going to have to be careful, since we do not want to know the sex of the baby, so hopefully the surprise won't be spoiled. We are also going to have both sets of parents there, and take turns seeing the images. Should be really cool for them, since this stuff wasn't around back when they were having kids. I am planning on getting some good video footage of the event. Should be a lot of fun!!!
Well I guess that's it for now. I'm going to see how this page turns out, and start adding some more photos soon...
Mike & Staci
4 comments:
Pretty Cool Stuff.
woo hoo for baby blogs! I am excited for you Mike that you felt the baby. I think I am too fat for Kirby to feel yet. The little one will have to kick hard. Bring on some belly pictures of Staci soon.
What a great idea! Congratulations to you both. Post pictures of Staci with a big belly!
Mike and Staci,
Congrats on your addition! I am sorry I missed your baby shower but my thoughts and prayers are with you three. I hope all is well and if you guys come to Medford give me a call, you can get my # from grandma Cookie.
God Bless,
Your cousin Micah (Michele's daughter :)
Post a Comment